Monday, August 4, 2014

Waiting Until Marriage: 31 Year old virgin...on PURPOSE!



Yes, you read the  title correctly  I'm  31 yrs old  and  a virgin...on PURPOSE!  Here's why..

WHY AM I WAITING TO BE INTIMATE UNTIL MARRIAGE? :

At a  pretty young age  I'd  say about 8-10 yrs old I can  vividly remember having a conversation in the car with my mom one day after church about  desire to "wait until marriage".  I went into detail  on  why  it  meant so much  to me and why I felt it was so important. Growing up   attending   Children's Church   we were taught to a degree about saving yourself for marriage  but  it  wasn't  something that was really explained in  detail .  My mom  never sat me down and  explained why I should wait  or talked to  be about  sex in general for that matter unless I had  a question and  from there she would explain it in a way that I could  understand.

 My decision to not have premarital sex was based on a  promise that I made to God. 


Thinking back on this  decision that I made so young  was huge, why  did  I make such a difficult  promise, where did I get all this  wisdom and  conviction  so early on from?  I always jokingly say that I've  been  31 years old for  31 years.  lol  I've  been  blessed to  have had  a  fairly good head on my  shoulders and  perhaps  bit  more wisdom from the beginning  and this is  all due honestly to  being surrounded by  my  mother  and  grandmother 90% of the time and studying them constantly.  As I said before there was never a definitive conversation  about premarital  sex but I learned  so much  from watching  my elders.

Remaining  a virgin   hasn't been a  easy  path to take and I would be lying if I said I had never  toyed with the idea  of  sex outside of marriage.... But I'll get more into  that in part two of  31 Year Old Virgin so stay tuned!

I'd love to connect with you on social media  you can find me  on  Instagram and Facebook @lesliallynblogs or  email me  at  lesliallynblogs@yahoo.com


Up next...

Why and  how I've kept my  promise and  promise and  the difficulties that I've faced along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment