Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Unintentional Series pt.2: Faith + Works



James 2:17Amplified Bible (AMP)17 So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead).



Whenever I've  attempted to   start  a blog in the past  I  would have all these ideas of the type of  content that I wanted to create. I wanted to  do the whole  beauty  blogger thing. I love  talking about my natural hair and  new and interesting  products on the market.  T But the thing is,  I could never commit to writing about those things,  inevitably I'd  begin to write  devotional style post, even in my diary  99% of the time I'd  write things out of  what God was pouring into me.

Recently I was  talking about the blog with my  mom and  the  direction it was going in, I explained that  every blog or journal that   I  would   create always  turns into  "this".  My  mom replied : "Well  Lesli, this is  your calling". She  confirmed what I  had been thinking and this was  mind blowing and  freeing because I've  been  given  a glimpse into my purpose and  even just  a  glimpse fuels me  to keep going. If I only help one person  with this project  it would mean the world to me.   I believe there is  more  that I must  do  but right now my action step   is   trusting  that  God wouldn't lead me to  this season without equipping   and  He  wants  to  to see it come to  fruition as much as I do.


Faith without works in dead! I must do my part  accompanied  with faith , trust that  God will keep up his  part of  the bargain and  move forward. When doubt  creeps it's  way into my  thoughts and  plants his little ugly little lies  into my head I must remember that  God put this calling within me and He  wants to  see me succeed in it.  It's comforting to know that HE is with me. So I'll  keep pressing forward until His  will is made good in me.  I will give God all the glory because  without him nothing is possible but WITH him   the  possibilities  are endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment