Monday, August 25, 2014

Overwhelmed?


Picture taken and Edited by  Lesli Allyn



Even strong lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing. -Pslams 34:10 (CEB)



Life throws a lot of  curve balls and  it can be hard to sort things out in your mind. What's my  next step, am I making the right  decisions?   It's easy  to find yourself in a vicious  cycle of  self doubt  wondering if what you thought  you heard God  speak to you  was  really  him.   Many times as I  write these post  I wonder if what I am doing is pleasing God and if I'm on the  right  course.  I don't want to  ever  give off the impression that  I have everything together  because I definitely  do NOT.  The truth is every piece of  wisdom  that I have comes  from God and I am  just  a vessel. 

So what do I do when I'm overwhelmed? 


  1. I remind myself that I don't have it  altogether  right now.
  2. Over thinking  the situation  will not  help,  it will increase my stress.
  3. God never intended for me to carry  my  burdens  alone.

When we  try to fight  our own battles  we end up exhausted  and  empty. This is  why it's so import  to develop  a habit  setting  aside some quiet time with God.  We need this  time  to  listen ,pour out our hearts  and to allow  God renew us each day.  I believe that if we  take  a step  back and allow God to set the  pace in our lives that He  will   lift  every burden off our shoulder and  guide us to  each step that we need to take.  Remember that God doesn't need our help  or  job is to trust,  listen,  obey and  receive.  That's it!


So whatever you're wrestling with today let it  go!  God has you in the  palm of His  hands and there is no better  place to be



No comments:

Post a Comment