Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Unintentional Series 1: Everything Happens for a Reason. #whatnow


In  light of this  unintentional   life reflection  series I thought I'd  continue my thoughts  until... well until I run out of words. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8(ERV)There is a right time for everything, and everything on earth will happen at the right time.


With  all my heart I believe that  everything happens when  and how it's suppose  to happen. I find myself in this particular  season  of  unemployment (again). Yes  that's right I've  this isn't a new thing  I was in a similar situation  before but  my reaction to being laid off then was the polar opposite of how I felt when I was laid off  in July.    At that time I worked for a  company that created  gift  baskets etc. When I lost  my position  there I was  crushed, there had been A  LOT of   devastating  things going on in my life that I hadn't  even begun to  heal from and  to  lose my job on top of that was  just the  last  straw.  I'll talk about that  part of my life in another  post it's  kind of a  difficult  thing  to explain so bare with me I'll share that story with you soon.

Being  laid off   this time  around I actually felt  relieved I talked  in detail about this in my post   What am I Going to Do with My Life?    .  The  funny thing is   that  I remember  some time last year  while working  at my previous  job I felt this  nudge to  walk away  and  I thought to myself  how  could  I possibly  do that ?  This is  NOT  the holy  spirit..couldn't be,  I cannot  just quit!  The whole  thought  scared me so I ignored  the  thought  every time it  came  across my mind.    Fast forward to July 2, 2014 ( not quite sure of the date) and BOOM no job!   Honestly if I hadn't  been  laid off this past   July  I would have never  left and I would've  remained in my "safe"  little   miserable  bubble of  complacency.  Through out  this year I actually prayed for change and the opportunity  to  work  and make a living  within my purpose.  I just didn't know  that   "the change"  would  be  so sudden! lol   The truth is  God knows me  well and He knew that I wouldn't  move until He moved  the things I was holding onto out of the way.  This situation is forcing me to rely on God  fully. 

My prayer is that I use this time  wisely and that  I can  rest in the fact that  God has set the path ahead of me.  I  tend to be  a  "worrier"  and I  hate it !  I fight with  self doubt  every single  day and I second  guess every  decision.  I don't want to  continue with this mind set so  I am placing  all of these thoughts at the feet of  God and taking this  new  season one  step at a time.  Pray for me  folks! lol

Up NEXT  I will talk about what I'd like to do in a  written  vision  board  of my dreams moving forward.

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment