Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dear Lesli: Life is Happening DON'T FREAK OUT!

 
picture via Jason Van Dyk  Flicker


James 1:12(CEB)

12 Those who stand firm during testing are blessed. They are tried and true. They will receive the life God has promised to those who love him as their reward.


Yesterday  all of my  worries  unfolded and  exploded all over  yesterdays  post. (lol)  I fought with the thoughts of :  Am I doing the right thing, Should I even be  doing this?  There  is  nothing like a  upcoming birthday  to  get you caught up in your  feelings  and  second guessing EVERY decision   you've every made in life. In my heart I know that I  must  remember  to  base my life  on  what God says  not   "feelings" .  Emotions are  fleeting  and can  have your mind  spinning in a  whirlwind. 

This morning I resolved to  declutter  my mind and the   space around me . I    cleaned by room  lite a candle and began to  sort through my thoughts.  I found this lingering  question floating around my  head.  "Where is your  FAITH?"         Monday I  gave  all  of my  fears , insecurities anxiety a  platform  and placed  all of my  focus on those them but  what happen to my  faith? In my heart I know God hasn't forgotten about me and to effectivly  get through this season in my life I must   focus on  Christ.  It's  time  that I shift  my thinking  instead of  giving  my  fears a  spotlight  I will  meditate on the promises of  God.  So  below  are a few that I'd like to share that you may reference  back on  in your quiet times and we'll  get through  these hurdles in life  with the assurance of  the  Christ Jesus who intercedes on our  behalf.

“The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” —Deuteronomy 31:8

“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” —Isaiah 41:10  

25 “So I tell you to stop worrying about what you will eat, drink, or wear. Isn't life more than food and the body more than clothes?26 “Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or gather the harvest into barns. Yet, your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you worth more than they?27 “Can any of you add a single hour to your life by worrying? Matthew 6:25

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” —Philippians 4:6-7



I hope that  this helps in fact I know that  it will,  you just  have to enter into his  promises with an  open heart. We were not meant to   carry all of burdens  on our  own and  to be quite  honest I don't want to . I know with  whats going on in our world  and what we have to  deal with in our  personal lives    it's hard to find  balance.  More than ever we  need to rely on God and give Him each  and every worry, fear and  anxiety.  Ask that  God would  fill you with  the  joy only He can  give and  don't give in  to  fleeting  emotions.  God has us in the palm of His  hands.



Connect with me online!  I'm @lesliallynblogs  everywhere also  feel free to  email me at  thelesliallynblog@yahoo.com  


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment