Friday, August 29, 2014

What I've Learned in 32yrs .


1 Thessalonians 5:23-24(MSG)23-24 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he’ll do it!

Yesterday I celebrated my  32nd  birthday I  had a  great  day.  My mom and I   spent some time together and she treated me to lunch. So that's why  there  was  no  post yesterday. I took advantage of the day to  just "be". The older I get  the more I find that  I  spend  a  lot  more time  thinking about  my life and  where I want to be.  The  night before my birthday  I made  sure I   poured  my heart out to  God because  moving forward I don't  remain the  same , I want to grow and live out my   purpose to the fullest. 


So with  that  said   here are  a few  things   I that  I've learned  in my  in my 32 years:


  1. You cannot look to  someone/something to make you whole.
Only  God can make you  whole; You will always come up empty handed if your  measure of happiness is  based on the people in your life or the things you acquire.  God is the only   one that   can  fill the voids in your life. Seeking  God  first will  make  room for the desires of your heart.

    2. Don't be afraid of making mistakes

Be more  concerned with  your  life becoming stagnant vs. being  afraid of  stepping out of your comfort zone.  That  little  bubble you've created will only  be  "safe"  for  so  long so It's better  to try  new  things and  fail than to look back years from now wondering what  you could  have accomplished . Growth comes from trial and error  standing in one  spot all your  life will leave you full of regret. 

    3. Dream BIG!

Taking  a leap of  faith is  scary I know  in my case I  am the type of person that doesn't like surprises I want to  know what the next step is  before I move ahead.  But  faith doesn't work that way you must  trust God and that know that if you  come to  God  sincerely  He   has heard your  request  and prepared the  path ahead of you.  In  His timing the desire of your heart   will be met and those dreams  will come to fruition . 


Philippians 4:6The Message (MSG)6-7 Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.





Thank you for reading  and know that I love you !  I'd love to connect with you can find me  on just about every social media  outlet under the name  @lesliallynblogs or by email  lesliallynblogs@gmail.com



Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment