Monday, January 5, 2015

Breaking Under Pressure

 Those who hide their sins won’t succeed,but those who confess and give them up will receive mercy. Proverbs 28:13 (CEB)

All pictures are taken and belong to Lesli Allyn Blogs unless otherwise stated.


We  put so much pressure on  ourselves to  lead  this  perfect  life as  Christians.   But the   truth  is  that perfectionism   will sabotage   your  faith  every time because we are  seeking a  standard within ourselves that we should be seeking  only in Christ.  What we  need to realize is that  God's  mercies  are new  each morning for   good  reason.   In  life  we  will  face  test  after test  and  our job isn't  to  come  up with our own  solutions but we  must  focus on God   and  seek  Him for  our   solution  and  follow  His lead.


Today  in Church my pastor  spoke about pinpointing the areas we  struggle in ,  confessing our sins and being  brave enough to  admit  that we need help.  For  many of  us   admitting that  there are  areas  of  our lives  that  we  are  unable to manage our own is  scary.    I have to admit  that I am  one of those  people who becomes uneasy when  it comes to  being open and honest about where I am and  I  can be  very guarded with  my  feelings.  But  what I am learning is that  carrying all of  my  own broken  pieces only  leaves  me  broken and confessing   my  issues enables me to move forward with Gods plan for my life.


We  don't have to  continue to break under the  pressures of life when  we are able to  give  God all that we  have and   trust Him to fill in the gaps in our lives.  Trusting Gods  plan takes  courage  but  ultimately  when we  give our problems to the Lord,   the weight  of our  circumstances won't crush us   and we  are then  able to  shift  our focus on  hearing from God  and  following His plan. So  we have to  resolve in our hearts  what we  will be  led  by.  Will we  allow  God  to navigate our lives or  are  we more content  to circle around the  same  old issues on our own?



Today I want you to remember that you  don't  have to be perfect but  what you must do is trust  Gods  perfect will for your  life. Continue to  pray  and spend time with  God  so that He can  fill you each day.  You will  find that  you will  be    better equipped to deal with  life's  ups and downs and you will  be less likely to buckle under the  pressure .



Love,











No comments:

Post a Comment